Hiring wedding vendors can be a very daunting task. Hiring your Wedding DJ should not be so frightening. After all, the DJ is supposed to be the fun part of a wedding!
Interview Your DJ
When you take the time to meet in person, you have the opportunity to get to know the DJ up close and personal, and you should be able to make a much more informed decision based on his presentation or “pitch” as well as his appearance, his demeanor, and the all-important “Vibe” or gut feeling you get from him.
Here are some questions you should ask a DJ before signing the contract:
- Are you available for my date?
- Will you be the DJ for my event?
- Will you also Emcee my event?
- Do you provide all the sound equipment needed?
- Do you provide a written contract?
- Is set up and tear down included?
- Do you charge for travel?
- How early do you arrive for setup?
- Can you provide music for the ceremony and the reception?
- Do provide a wedding ceremony and reception sound system if I need both?
- Do you charge by the hour or do you build packages?
- What type of equipment do you use, is it professional equipment?
- Do provide backup equipment?
- Are you licensed and insured?
- To provide online event planning and music requests?
- Can we pick the music we want to hear and do not want to hear?
- Do provide wireless microphones for toast or speeches?
- Do you arrange and execute the timeline at the event?
- What do you wear to my event?
- Do you take requests?
- Do provide lighting?
- Does it cost extra?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- How many weddings have you DJ?
- What is the total price for the package?
- How much is the deposit?
- How is final payment arranged?
- Are there any additional fees I should be aware of?